The Library has 20 Dell workstations available for patrons. Computers do not have specialized software, but are for internet & word processing use only.
Patrons are to use their SCC username & password to sign in to the computers.
See our Computer Use Policies for more information.
1. Access: https://papercut.surry.edu:9192/user and log into Papercut using the same username and password you use on the campus network (computers, wireless).
2. Select “Web Print” from the left toolbar. Then select “Submit Job.”
3. Select the printer, then select the number of copies you want to print.
4. Select Upload Document and then “Browse” to find the file on your computer.
5. Allowed file types: Word (docx, doc., rtf., etc.), Excel (xlsx, xls, etc.), PowerPoint (pptx, ppt, etc.), and PDF.
6. Log into the Print Release Station to print. Print jobs are held for 30 minutes.
The computers can print to a black & white printer or a color printer, both of which are located near the main desk. Students may use their printing allotment provided by the college. Unaffiliated users may print B&W jobs for 5¢/page and color for 25¢/page.
Wireless internet access is available throughout the Library. Patrons should use their SCC username & password to sign in to the Surry Public network. Unaffiliated patrons must obtain a guest username & password from Technology Services, located in the E Building.
A photocopier is available on the 1st floor of the Library. Copies are 5¢/page.